There can be no doubt as to whom Jesus is, and whom He claimed to be when we read through the Gospel of John. In it we discover what I call “The Seven ‘I AM’ Statements of Jesus”. These revealing declarations not only explain who He is, but proclaim His mission to save all of us.
Following are the “Seven ‘I AM’ Statements of Jesus”. Please read them carefully, meditating on each of them. As you do, you will discover the innate power in each of them and the incredible heart of love God has for each of us.
1. The Bread Of Life – Then Jesus declared, “I am the bread of life. He who comes to me will never go hungry, and he who believes in me will never be thirsty.” (John 6:35)
2. The Light Of The World – When Jesus spoke again to the people, he said, “I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life.” (John 8:12)
3. The Gate – “I am the gate; whoever enters through me will be saved. He will come in and go out, and find pasture. (John 10:9)
4. The Good Shepherd – “I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd lays down his life for the sheep.” (John 10:11)
5. The Resurrection And The Life – Jesus said to her, “I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in me will live, even though he dies; and whoever lives and believes in me will never die.” (John 11:25-26)
6. The Way, The Truth, And The Life – Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.” (John 14:6)
7. The Vine – “I am the vine; you are the branches. If a man remains in me and I in him, he will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing.” (John 15:5)
Beginning this Sunday I will teach on these wonderful revelations. I believe there will be powerful encounters that each of us experience as we focus our attention and devotion on the One who loves us most… Jesus, the Son of God.
God Bless You!